18 January, 2011

Personal Style - A Design Question For You...



I recently received an email asking me to submit 3 images that represent my style...It got me thinking to the types of colours, surfaces, treatments, fabrics, themes, and moods I like and what influence my work as an colour-design stylist... in some ways I suspect most of my style is rather eclectic much like my music collection and the i-tunes downloads [gosh you wouldn't believe what I have!].
Although I think the overriding factor is my sense of aesthetic - it is grounded in my visual arts, fine arts  & design background - artist's work & art theory can often sway me. I always ground a client's project, and my own choice with a foundational layer - of clean, contemporary, stylish, somewhat elegant - with an individual touch from the owner [or me it's my space!].

What do you think represents your individual style?
If I had to try and call my design style a name - maybe - 'Urban Contemporary Colourful Elegance' might sum it up.... What do you think? Any other suggestions?

Since I trust you - oh so very much - my fabulous wonderful Palatial Living fans - what do you think those 4 images could be?
From all the Palatial Living images - which TOP 3 images do you think represents me & this blog?
I would love to hear from you please send your thoughts or the link of your favourite Palatial blog to me at palatailliving@gmail.com or leave a comment below! Your help could determine so much more! For the top suggestion I will organise a special gift to send to you - and publish it on Friday this week! So get emailing me please!
Thank you, Enjoy ...


images via pretty stuff, tumblr, elle decor, traditional home, absolutely beautiful things blog, coastal living, kelly wearstler via Canadian house & home

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah!

    Please feel free to link back to us at www.houseandhome.com.

    Thanks so much!

    Seema

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff from you, man. Ive read your stuff before and youre just too awesome. I love what youve got here, love what youre saying and the way you say it. You make it entertaining and you still manage to keep it smart. I cant wait to read more from you. This is really a great blog.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails