- Palatial master suite with dressing room
- Grand formal and informal entertaining rooms
- Alfresco dining, outdoor entertaining areas with fireplace & gas BBQ
- 25m lap pool*
- Magnificent Macassar ebony kitchen
- Laundry with drying room
- 3,000 bottle wine cellar with antique Chinese doors
- Ducted split system air conditioning
- Under-floor heating in all bathrooms and guest WCs
- Dumbwaiter (lift) from the garage to the kitchen
- Hinuera volcanic stone flooring
- Wide recycled Blackbutt floorboards are utilized throughout.
- Games/media pavilion & billiard room and mezzanine level for the gym
- A self contained loft-style home office pavilion
- Self contained staff/guest accommodation
- Security parking for twelve cars plus visitor parking
27 June, 2009
26 June, 2009
16 June, 2009
Certainly their Labradors--Maggie, Rocky, and Tiger--love the open space around the house.
12 June, 2009
11 June, 2009
One of the best ways to create a cohesive and uncluttered look in a book shelf for your lounge room or home office is to arrange the book spines by colour. By doing this you create colour blocks which the eye prefers & allows you to visually gently move fluidly through the shades creating a harmonious look instead of haphazard colour dotting here there and everywhere. Another trick is to also allow for 'white space' this means space in a book shelf not used with books but an object such as a vase, or a box, or a statue - something of personal interest or memory. By creating the white space you also create an area of visual relief. See what you can do with your book shelf.... Have fun!
Images from PointClick
10 June, 2009
We love coming here both in summer & winter - either way there's something great to do & superb weather & particularly love to head off to Bagnall's Beach - where we stay near by - this beach is the puppy beach! [Friendly] dogs of all kinds can canter, run, roll & play on the sand and swim through the shallows - all leash free! For a 'mother' of two - a 3 1/2 year old Cavalier King Charles - Lucy, who treats this as her almost quarterly exfoliation - rolling through everything sandy then having some 'hydrotherapy' in the shallows this is perfect - as it is also for our nearly 3 years Cavoodle (Cavalier x Toy Poodle) - Zach, who's role in life, whilst we are away, is to be the welcoming committee to Bagnall's Beach - and greet all that pass his way with a quick wag of his tail, and a happy but wet lick of your leg!
So with that thought I would share a few photos from our extended weekend away....
Above - the view to Soldiers Point
Above - the time of their lives... Lucy & Zach on Bagnall's Beach.
04 June, 2009
The return to vintage seaside living in a modern world has never been more apparent & succesfully accomplished than in this seaside home in the States, that I came across in one of my fave O.S U.S Mags - in an article from Country Living.
Where unexpected pops of vintage retro colour in a modern background add a je ne se quois that just seem to work in an nautical theme. Muddy Sea Foam Aqua Blues, with Tomato Red, Driftwood Grey Blue and Chalk White - just seem to work!
03 June, 2009
Images from Elle Decor & Barbara Cosgrove Lamps
02 June, 2009
01 June, 2009
The original design drawing of the owner's boat inspired their interior designer for the mood and treatment of the home.
Vintage oil paintings of tall ships and upholstery & cushions in a soft ticking stripe set the scene.