09 May, 2010

Happy Mother's Day...

Happy Mother's Day! It's My Very 1st Mother's Day & I am awestruck... completely besotted with my sweet precious baby girl, Isabelle - who is the reason I am a Mother! Isabelle is also the first grandchild on both mine and my husband's family sides - so it is a HUGE Mother's Day in our families for me, the new grand mothers, and the now great grandmother, and also a great great grandmother - Caroline who is 108yrs old in September this year! Isabelle will be the 5th generation on my mother-in-law's side! Whoa!
So it's a BIG Happy Mother's Day to my lovely Mum, Margaret - a first time grandmother; my wonderful mother-in-law [also] Margaret - and a first time grandmother, my Grandmother's & my husband's Grandmother - all now Great Grandmothers; and my husbands Great Grandmother now a Great Great Grandmother!
So whether you have children or not - where ever you are give thanks to your mum, or the person that has been like-a-mum to you, be it your mother-in-law, your grandma, your auntie, your foster mum, your sister, your godmother or a family friend. It doesn't cost much to give them a hug, or make a phone call or make them a cup of tea or coffee... it all counts. Enjoy the day! xxx


Image - One of my 1st Mother's Day cards from my lovely sister-in-law.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails