Having just watched a few 'new' eps of 'The Real Housewives of New York City' where they were all finishing up their 'summers' in the Hamptons' - my thoughts were firmly with the homes and sprawling grounds that they showcase on this far flung reality program that I am hideously addicted to! So now you know where my 'thoughts' have been, and of course my love of the Hampton's-style - I came across this beautiful home for Palatial Living's 'Mid Week House Snoop' located in Northwood [an idyllic suburb sandwiched between Longueville & Greenwich] on Sydney's Lower North Shore. I don't usually post as many images in one post but this home commands you see it from as many angles as possible it's historically & contemporar-ily Palatial! Enjoy x
[above] historic Federation frontage appeal with wrap around verandahs, fretwork and large sandstone block work - teamed with manicured box hedge borders.
[above] an enviable seated view to the city skyline from the front verandah
[above] expansive verandah width accommodates for lounge seating and outdoor dining.
[above] Sydney city skyline view at dusk from the house
[above] a magnificent wine cellar - I'm not sure how many dinner parties this could last!
|[above] light & airy for the main living & dining space - which is part of the more recent addition to the home.|
[above & below] the stunning recent rear addition to the home designed by Kim Crestani of Order Architects
Agent's Blurb - McGrath Real Estate...
NORTHWOOD NSW 70 Northwood Road
Tailor made for all aspects of family life, ‘Aishling’ c1911 is a classic Federation residence enhanced by a Kim Crestani designed rear extension. Boasting plentiful space for both adults and children, it’s on 1,315sqm a stroll to ferry and bus transport.
- Formal living and dining with bay window and city views
- Drawing room opens to the front verandah, large wine cellar
- Skylit gas kitchen with marble island, European appliances
- Open plan family dining and living, bi-folds to the outdoors
- Idyllic entertainers’ terrace beside a heated swimming pool
- Lavish master bedroom with walk-through robe, deluxe ensuite
- Sumptuous bathrooms with luxurious finishes and heated floors
- Soaring ornate ceilings, original timberwork, wood fireplaces
- Underfloor heating plus central heating and air conditioning
- Child-friendly established garden, garage with car turntable
Images via Domain.com.au & McGrath Real Estate