04 April, 2011

Loving... Red | White & Stripes.


Most people who know me - do know that I have a penchant for stripes, ticking - wedgewood, micro, you name it the stripe - I will fall for it!! So it was by no surprise on one of my image gathering journeys that I was completely inspired when snooping around in a House Beautiful 'House Tour' design consultant Ellen O'Neil's weathered home in Bridgehampton, New York. Where she successfully showcases the softer side of red, and by using a restricted palette really does allow for stunning & striking clean results...
Here I have gathered a few of my favourite red-white with touches of reduced red - pinks, and have been inspired with my Surface Design diploma class [at ISCD]- their latest brief is the 'Deck Chair Struipe' so here's my little play with red - white stripes and reversing it out, all in this little collage for you.
Do you love red-white and stripes?
Could you hold yourself back with a restricted colour palette in you home?
Let me know - I'd love to hear from you.
Enjoy,


images via house beautiful, coastal living, elle decor, tumbler, ys voice

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails