10 February, 2009

Wall Paper Love ...Pt 2.

Colorful Entry
It's OK to be bold in a small space, especially in a transition zone, such as a foyer.
Here, graphic blue-and-white wallpaper adds life to an entry. Crisp white trim balances the space.
Comfortable Bedroom
Wallpaper functions as architecture in an otherwise simple room. The sunny yellow pattern from Farrow & Ball in the bedroom has a large repeat, creating visual structure to the eye.

Cozy Sitting Room
A 10x13-foot space lives large with layers of texture and a light palette. Green and turquoise accessories accent the cream foundation.
Armless chairs allow room to move around the room.

More of my obsessional love for wallpaper and its application to a feature wall... I love these rooms from 'Country Home' where smaller rooms and spaces now have real 'pop' through a pattern & colour vehicle such as this wallpaper feature - wall, really creating a strong unified room/ space.
I am seriously considering this as an idea for a wall in my open living/ dining room, where I already have a 'painted recessed wall area in 'Jervis Bay Blue', I think a patterned blue/ white (white ground) wall paper will pick up the 'Chalk Canvas' main paint colour and the 'Jervis Bay Blue' , with the framed hand painted plates in Blue/ White from Fez- picking up pattern & tying the colours together... I will find the wall paper design and image I am thinking of and post it next for you to see!
Images from Country Home


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails