15 November, 2010

On My Desk & On My Walls...

I love my letters - I have always loved typography
 now in 3D.'V'& 'S' - Very Special!
Or for Verandah & Sarah...

A bit tidier than usual... frames hung on
'my side' of the office. Wall colour in Dulux
'Linseed' full tint - one of my fave hues to use.
Hope you had a Palatial weekend! Welcome back to Monday at Palatial Living.... I had an awe inspiring day today at the ISCD campus [located in North Sydney] it was great to be [trying to be] a fly on the wall to see what happens through educator's eyes to a class of adult learners on a creative design path within the Surface Design diploma. Even more so it was lovely that the students seemed to ingratiate themselves to me and their fabulous educator [and my new mentor] Sharon Gage be so gracious as to have me sit in, and pass on her tips & tricks. 

'My side' & the 'top shelf' of the home office!

So now I am back at my [design] desk finishing off a flyer & proposal [very exciting - will share with you when it's all concrete], which got me to think 'What's On my Desk right now...'! You might remember I mentioned a little while ago that I have recently updated our home office space - that my husband & I share, here's a sneak snoop of my desk & boards! Sometimes I feel the urge to style it other times it's just a pile of to-do's and get-through's!


I have a collection of photos, swing tags, art gallery postcards & invites, a photo of my darling baby girl Isabelle, a few pics of Babushkas, the Vogue Milano '10 trend show cd and some wallpaper swatches from Signature Prints, and and a T2 French Earl Grey tea bag I keep meaning to drink! Oh and here's a fun wooden letter' &' and an over sized black wooden peg I just bought at fab store 'Typo' - definitely worth a look.
Promise to post more pics when I have finished labelling the folders and hung the frames on my husbands' side of the office wall! Enjoy!
One of my absolute favourite Australian artists,
Sidney Nolan and his 'Ned Kelly' series.
This particular painting 'Ned Kelly' 1946 is my favourite.

Uber cute Babushka card I bought today for my
mood board from Typo.


Check out these fab office design books from Amazon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails