06 February, 2013

Mary McDonald | in Print Pattern Colour & Scale for Schumacher




I have been addicted to seasons of Million Dollar Decorators on Bravo TV [Foxtel cable in Australia] and amongst some of my fave decorators on the show - as I love elements from each of them, I do love the modern sophistication and use of line, scale, print - pattern and colour that Mary McDonald uses in her decorating style. I loved her work before MDD, and her influences in my design work, but seeing her 'in life, in action' on the show is fabulous!












So I was excited to read [from elements of style blog] that she was doing fabric & trims collection collaboration with Schumacher [American textile & wallpaper house]. Schumacher is a fifth generation, family-owned company, F. Schumacher & Co. is proud to be the only supplier of decorative textiles from the 19th century still privately owned and managed by direct descendants of the founder. So this collaboration is certainly a huge win for all - Mary McDonald, Schumacher and the decor consumer. 
Enjoy,



Screen shot from Bravo TV's Million Dollar Decorators - Mary McDonald's redecorated living lounge room. Coining that Emerald Green will be the colour of 2013.
Mary McDonald a decorator after my own heart amongst all these 
gorgeous Blue & White Chinese inspired urn & vase pieces, 
and not to forget the stunning art-like sculpture pendant - fabulous.




images via Schumacher & blog Elements of Style

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails