A stunning, beautiful and very Palatial locale & home situated in Sydney's Eastern Harbourside suburb of Darling Point.
Darling Point, originally named Mrs Darling’s Point after the wife of the then Governor, traces its genteel and distinguished origins back to the 1830’s when the road east from the city, New South Head Road, was completed. The first buildings were not the worker’s cottages normally associated with inner city development, but the grand homes of Sydney’s society leaders.
Whilst many survive today, equally as many departed since the World War 2, making way for the elegant apartment buildings with the jaw dropping views of the harbour that forms the suburb’s northern, western and eastern boundaries.Though only a few minutes from the city, Darling Point maintains the quiet elegance of its past. On the western harbour foreshore is Olympic sailing headquarters and base for the Sydney to Hobart race, the Cruising Yacht Club of Australia.
Upon the crest of hill is the “Swifts” formerly the home of the Resch’s brewing dynasty, and on the rare occasions it changes owner, usually Australia’s most expensive non water front house. Moving down the harbour front is the peaceful McKell Park, home to picnickers and lovers for over a century, overlooked by the National Trust’s Lindesay, and that masterpiece of Sydney art deco style, Craigend.
This home that is featured in this week's Mid Week House Snoop is simply devine... when you're in this price guide there's nothing better than reading 'expressions of interest welcome' - my search engine was $5mil to $10mil so start looking for those extra dollars behind the lounge, although the price guide may need to be narrowed down a little! Take a look... I mean a 'snoop'! Enjoy x
Agent's Blurb - realestate.com.au > Sensational Harbour Vista in a Premier Address
A classic period residence transformed into an elegant, architect designed family haven, this casually sophisticated home is crafted for effortless indoor/outdoor entertaining, boasting a captivating vantage point above Rose Bay and the Royal Motor Yacht Club.
- Light flooded interiors with timber floors and high ceilings
- Casual lounge with skylight windows, elegant dining room
- Formal living area with open fireplace, spacious study
- Glass doors open to a vast, sun drenched alfresco terrace
- Kitchen with eat-in timber bar and Smeg/Miele gas appliances
- Secluded home office and guest suite, both with own ensuites
- Luxurious, fully tiled designer ensuite with double shower
- Skylit spa bathroom, guest powder room, video intercom
- Internal access to double garage, ducted air conditioning
- Set in one of Sydneys' most tightly held harbourside enclaves
Contact Bill Malouf Ph: 0411 428 354
Emma Prgomelja Ph: 0434 515 787
Alain Waitsman (McGrath Estate Agents) Ph: 0419 221 111
Images from realestate.com.au