07 June, 2010

Stylish Sexy Interiors...


Above - the dining space with fabulous metal chandelier by Property, and chair print fabric by Lee Jofa  
Above - looking through the dining room to the kitchen - I love these tiles from Heath Ceramics, for Ann Sacks.
Above - the living room, with wool mohair upholstered Montauk Sofa, and Paul Smith cushion for The Rug Company.
Above - the master bedroom, fabulous upholstered bedhead fabric from Kravet

I had my 1st night out on Saturday evening [several hours away from home & baby Isabelle whilst my husband aka Daddy 'babysat'] and went to dinner & the movies with my two best girlfriends - to see the ultimate girl movie -'Sex & the City 2'! Finally Carrie Bradshaw has found the light...much like myself I used to devour fashion - being the industry for over 10 years I adore her comment to a sales girl of one of her once favourite boutiques '...I've been cheating on fashion with furniture...' quips Carrie Bradshaw in the new Sex and The City 2 Movies! Hurray! I cannot tell you how much I adored the set design of this movie - in particular Carrie & John [aka Big] Preston's apartment.
Not to spoil the movie for you they sold the penthouse apartment after the wedding debacle and moved several floors down in the same building - regardless the apartment is to die-for and will surely strike a number of interior trends... especially that of wallpaper and a sleek elegant monochromatic palette lit with shiny surfaces and visually enriched with pattern, print & texture. You will want to wall paper and upholster everything! The signature colour seems to be - a velvet sapphire blue  - think all shades of Carrie's Manolo Blahnik wedding shoes.
With this in mind I came across some fabulous images that Elle Decor [U.S] has recently published and was dying to share them with you... designed by Production Designer Jeremy Conway [designer for the series and both films] and decorator Lydia Marks of Marks & Frantz.
Hope you enjoy these images as much as I do... S x

Above Left - Carrie & John [Big's] new walk through wardrobe.
Above Right - The apartment's entry hall way with a fabulous glass-blown chandelier by Lindsey Adelman

Find all furniture & decorator item credits and Images from Elle Decor
For more 'Sex and the City' visit these links below...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails