20 April, 2009

[More] Birthday Wishes... xxx



Well it's certainly the month of birthday's in my family - particularly that of Grandmothers!
Today it is my [maternal] Grandmother, Norma - who both my sister & I call 'Mum' - copying our mother as little girl & adopting the name 'Mum' - my mother at the time was known as 'Mummy' needless to say it was confusing when we grew out of calling out 'Mummy' and we were out & about with both my Mother & Grandmother - both heads turned for attention!

So here's to my Grandmother - Mum - wishing you a very Happy 82nd Birthday...
To a wonderful lady who's extraordinary drawing hand particularly at portraiture, historical costumes, fashion and interiors (we attribute this greatly to growing up with the influence of her Grandmother's family's business J.Robin's & Son with finery all that goes with the like - the balls, dinner dances with the late Anthony Horden's, The [actual] Grace Bros, the Mark Foy's of the world and David Jones - all iconic Australian department stores - past & present), and whose eye for beautiful things, excellent quality, fashion & trend, and decor influenced me greatly.
With Much Love & Many Birthday Wishes. Always, S xxx


Images from Country Living

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails