06 September, 2010

A Sense of Patriotism...

A gorgeous store I found in my travels in The Salamance Arts Centre, Hobart
- had an array of flag 'Union Jack' cushions, bunting and vintage wares.
Over the past few months [since I purchased a layered natural linen Union Jack cushion for my sister's birthday from John Lewis] I have becomed obsessed with Flag motifs that then lent itself to over-size script witing & postage stamp printing, to encompass a smattering of patriotism. I think what draws me to it all are the graphic, symbolic & layering elements and their relative scale... Here are some images I have collected along the way and wanted to share with you. Enjoy x


The Union Jack cushion I purchased for my sister -  celebrating
her recent union to a Briton!
Union Jack Cushion in Natural from John Lewis.com

John Lewis Velvet Union Jack Cushion, Yellow
I love these graphic, colourful, fun & stylish cushions by
 Karen Hilton Designs - 'Pop Britannia' series

Etsy.com

Karen Hilton Designs - 'Pop Britannia' series
Etsy.com
Karen Hilton Designs - 'Pop Britannia' series
'Union Jack' cushion  from Etsy.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails