30 September, 2010

So True...

I love the smell of the paper in my new issue of Habitus [Living in Design] magazine, I can't help flicking the pages to get that fresh printed paper scent! Well we all have our'thing'/  But what really caught me as I have been perusing through my Habitus mag is the stunning & stirringly simple truth of Paola Atonelli's statement - ...'Good design is a Renaissance attitude that combines technology, human need and beauty.' What a pertinent and wonderful way of looking at design in a contemporary and multi faceted approach. It's also a concise beautiful & positive statement on design.
Maybe that statement applies to my husband's and my professions or marriage of minds - he's a software developer & IT consultant, and me - well you know I what do! What are your thoughts on Atonelli's statement?


Note. Paola Antonelli is considered by some a design expert and was recently rated as one of the top one hundred most powerful people in the world of art by Art Review. She is a Senior Curator in the Department of Architecture and Design at the Museum of Modern Art.

1 comment:

  1. I think you said that so well...'technology, human need and beauty'
    From your #1 Fan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails